Pages

12.21.2010

Top Ten Things I Missed While I was at College

This is my list of all the things that I didn't realize that I missed while I was away at college until I came back home for winter break. Never take things for granted!

1. Watching t.v.
-Don't get me wrong, we did have a t.v. in my dorm room but, to tell you the truth, we hardly ever turned it on. Due to us being too busy doing homework or studying, we didn't want to get distracted (I know, we're nerds). Once I got home I realized how relaxing it was to just sit back, watch t.v. and not have to worry about doing work.

2. My Shower
-After living in a dorm with community style bathrooms for 4 months, I was more than ready to come home to my private bathroom and using my own shower again.

3. My Bed
-Once again, dorm style living is not the best, and that goes for the beds too. After being used to a twin style bed in the dorm room, coming home to my queen size bed was a bit weird, almost as if I had too much room now. But I did get used to it quickly =).

4. Playing music in my car
-When I first got to the campus back in August, I had been told that freshmen could not bring cars; that was false. Freshmen could bring their own cars if they wished to do so, but the parking was bad. Anyway, I truly appreciate my car more than ever now, realizing that I can come and go when I please, and not only that, but to play my iPod in my car...something I greatly missed.

5. Doing Laundry...FOR FREE!
-Paying for laundry seems cheap when it says $1.25 a load for washing and drying, but that eventually adds up to be a lot of money. Future college students, enjoy doing your laundry at home right now, and if you're going to a college that will be near your home, use those visits home to your advantage by doing some laundry.

6. Doing things for fun
-Throughout the four months of my first semester of college, I realized that I didn't really have much time for "having fun" or "goofing off" when there was so much studying and homework that needed to be done. Now that I'm home for winter break, I'm going to have as much fun as possible. Now's the time to enjoy it because there might not be time to next semester.

7. My Family and Friends
-College is all about meeting new people and making plenty of friends from different places, but you can never forget about those who know you best and will always be there.

8. Relaxing
-Ok, so this beach picture is definitely NOT an accurate depiction of where I live, but it represents what this winter break is all about: RELAXATION. With all of the tests and finals that I had to endure to complete the semester, relaxation was something that I was in dire need of.

9. My Closet
-The closets in my dorm were not bad at all, but, again, there's no place like home.

10. On Demand
-Ahh...On Demand. One of my favorite things to do when I was bored was to rent a movie off of On Demand, curl up under the covers, and enjoy the show. In college, the thing to do if you want to get a movie was to either borrow from your friends, or rent it at the nearest RedBox or Blockbuster kiosks, so...On Demand is much appreciated, and I will miss it dearly next semester.

~JPB

No comments:

Post a Comment